Monday, August 27, 2012

Stuck at home with Typhoon Bolaven

 We ran out of things to keep Cooper and Mackenzie occupied today while we were riding out the end of Typhoon Bolaven, so I gave them a few of their birthday gifts early.  I couldn't stand to listen to the Backpack song from Dora, see another sticker stuck on the wall or have Mackenzie cut any more paper!  The Hungry Hippo game is a birthday gift from Jennifer McGuire. She has given the twins the sweetest gifts and they LOVED playing the game today. Although they didn't really understand how to play, it still kept them occupied for awhile.
 Cooper has had a crush on Rapunzel for months! He also loves playing with Mackenzie's princesses, so I got him this Tangled toy set that had Rapunzel, Flynn Ryder, Maximus the horse, and the lizard. He LOVED it until he saw Mackenzie's Sleeping Beauty carriage. I think it was because it has wheels and he wanted to drive it around.
 Mackenzie wanted me to take a picture of her new horse.  She had a lot of fun driving the carriage around the house today and even took a nap with her new toys.
 Once we were finally allowed out of the house, around 3:30pm this afternoon all the neighbors came out to assess the damage. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. This bush took a pounding as the wind came through this gap between the houses. Yes, that is my blue recycle bin in the bush :)
 My neighbor moved all my planters into my storage shed, but my poor planted flowers took a beating too. The wind and rain was pounding into this side of the house for hours, which is why I couldn't sleep last night.
 This tree is still sanding tall, just missing a few branches that are in their yard. Once we gave all our beach towels to the Millers next door, they had a horrible leak, we got in the car and headed out to explore. I had a message from Jae Joo that the Japanese indoor playground was open!  The damage wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. This place really is built to withstand these storms!  We had a great afternoon/evening with the Joo family and decided that the following typhoons will be no problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment