Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Shopping in Okinawa-Living Design Square in Awase


 Mitch found this place on www.okinawahai.com as a place to shop for furniture and other household goods. I have been looking for a round kitchen table and chairs and can't find one anywhere here! Ok, so I looked at the Marine Base Furniture store and they didn't have one. I was convinced I would have to order one from Pottery Barn, because that is where I get most of my furniture, so Mitch did some research to find some places to look here in Okinawa. This is a three store facility including MaxPlus (like a Bed Bath and Beyond), The Grace (upscale Ikea), and O!K which was like a cheaper version of The Grace. We wondered around and the kids enjoyed pushing the shopping carts around. I found a few things, but no round table and no yellow or purple bedding for the kids.
I wish I had taken a photo of the dining/kitchen tables here at The Grace, they were like miniature versions!  Smaller proportions and lower to the ground. 
We did work up an appetite from the shopping so we ventured into the restaurant Soup Soup upstairs near The Grace store. I will definitely be back! They had 8 different soups and all the rolls you could eat! Yummy!  Mackenzie has the kids meal which we split with Cooper, they ate the rice and sipped the broth from the soup. 
 I ordered the curry and gumbo soup which was very good. This curry was a sweeter version than I've had here with more clove in it.
 Cooper enjoyed his rice, juice and some bread.
 Another great meal in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment